Adult Basic Education and GED® Preparation courses are offered by Southside Virginia Community College.
The Adult Education and GED® preparation program is offered to anyone 18 and older. Students receive free assistance in gaining the necessary knowledge needed to obtain their GED®. Students enrolled in the program also receive career readiness training. Classes are free, and for students enrolled in the program, there is no cost for GED® testing.
For more information about the programs or to enroll, please contact:
Buffy Allgood, Regional Program Manager
434-949-1090 or email@example.com
About the GED Program
SVCC GED® preparation classes offer a second chance at success for students ages 18 and over. The goal of the program is to help adult students receive their GED®, complete a college curriculum, and receive work place readiness skills to be successful in today's competitive society. The instructors will support each individual's educational, career, and personal goals throughout the program to ensure success.
Steps to Success
- Attend the GED® preparation courses on a regular basis to gain knowledge needed to pass the GED® test
- Complete the financial aid process
- Take the VPT (college placement test)
- Select desired program of study
- Complete a certificate, diploma, or degree program through the community college