The changes to wireless at the SVHEC are designed to make it easier for long-term students, faculty and guests to get on to the wireless and access what they need for educational or instructional purposes. Please follow the instructions below, and the appropriate links at the bottom of the page. If you are unable to connect, please contact SVHEC IT by emailing email@example.com or go to the front desk and ask for assistance. All users of the SVHEC's network or computers are bound by the IT Acceptable Use Policy.
When you connect to SVHEC-Connect you will be presented with two options, guest and BYOD, once you open a web browser.
Guest access allows users who are here for a couple of days to get on to the internet and access what they need through their laptop, phone or tablet device. When you select guest from the main selection page, you will be asked for your name, phone number (optional) and your email.
- 1. Once you have submitted this information, the next page will show you your username, password, and expiration time.
- 2. From here you can click Log In to access the Internet. This information will also be emailed to you and is good until the date and time shown.
- 3. If you return to the SVHEC within the next 24 hours, you will be able to use the same username and password. Just click Sign in under the guest registration.
Students and faculty - BYOD
To access student resources like the virtual desktop, and be able to have your device stay connected to the wireless at the SVHEC, you will need to use the BYOD option. This is for users with a current and valid student or faculty login. By going through this process you will be able to walk into the SVHEC any time during the semester and your device will automatically connect to the wireless with no extra login required. You will also be able to log into the desktops just like you would if you were in a classroom.
- 1. To add your device, you will connect to SVHEC-Connect. Instead of clicking on guest, you will click on BYOD Portal.
- 2. From here, the process will vary depending on the device you are using. Please click on the links below to see your device and how you will connect that particular device to the network.